Teacher Aide / Floater
CHILD, Inc. is seeking part-time Teacher Aides/Floaters for our Kent County Head Start/Early Head Start program. Teacher Aides and Floaters work under the direct supervision and guidance of lead classroom teachers, assisting with instructional supports and routine duties.
- Follow philosophy, policies and procedures of CHILD, Inc.
- Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, punctuality and dependable attendance.
- Demonstrate respect for diverse family practices, languages, cultures and traditions.
- Demonstrate acceptance that children develop and learn at different paces, and support an inclusive learning environment.
- Assure for the health and safety of all children.
- Provide responsive, supportive and engaging interactions.
- Assist with break coverage as requested.
- Assist in a variety of classrooms with children birth to 5 years.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Highschool diploma or GED.
- Appropriate RIELDS certificate, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Proof of insurance will be required.
- Basic keyboarding and basic computer skills highly desirable.
Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.
Job Type: 20 hours; Full Year/52 weeks or School Year/44 weeks
CHILD, Inc. provides 15 days Paid Time Off for new employees for
vacation, sick, family, or personal business use; paid holidays; and mileage reimbursement
Job Types: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- 4 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org