Head Start Teacher Assistant
CHILD, Inc. is seeking full-time Preschool Teacher Assistants for our Kent County Head Start/Early Head Start program. Teacher Assistants work under the direct supervision and guidance of lead classroom teachers, assisting with instructional supports and routine duties. Interested candidate must be available to work during agency hours of operation at any one of our four locations.
- Follow philosophy, policies and procedures of CHILD, Inc.
- Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, punctuality and dependable attendance.
- Demonstrate respect for diverse family practices, languages, cultures and traditions.
- Demonstrate acceptance that children develop and learn at different paces, and support an inclusive learning environment.
- Assure for the health and safety of all children.
- Utilize knowledge of child development to provide responsive, supportive and engaging interactions.
- Assist the teacher with preparation and implementation of lesson plans, working with individual and small groups of children, as directed.
- Assist the teacher with ongoing child assessment practices to monitor children’s development and learning.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and in-service trainings.
- Minimum of Preschool Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential. Associate’s Degree preferred in Early Childhood or a closely related field with approved/equivalent coursework. Transcripts will be required.
- Appropriate RIELDS certificate, or ability to obtain within one year of hire. Copies will be required.
- Demonstrated experience in early care and education setting. Professional references will be verified.
- Valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Proof of insurance will be required.
- Basic keyboarding and basic computer skills highly desirable.
- Knowledge of The Creative Curriculum highly preferred.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate assessment practices preferred.
- Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.
Job Type: 40 hours; Full Year/52 weeks or School Year/44 weeks
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: $17.92 – $23.96 dependent on credentials and experience.
CHILD, Inc. provides all full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Free individual health and dental coverage. Family coverage available through payroll deduction.
- Eligible to participate in CHILD, Inc.’s 403(b) Individual Supplemental Retirement Annuity Program.
- CHILD, Inc. contributes 5% to Group Retirement Annuity plan with no required employee match.
- 15 days Paid Time Off for new employees for vacation, sick, family or personal use.
- 15 paid holidays.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday – Friday
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org