CHILD, Inc. is seeking full-time Teacher Assistants for our Kent County Head Start program serving low-income families with children
six weeks to five years. Teacher Assistants work under the direct supervision and guidance of lead classroom teachers, assisting with
instructional supports and routine duties.
Follow philosophy, policies and procedures of CHILD, Inc.
Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, punctuality and dependable attendance.
Demonstrate respect for diverse family practices, languages, cultures and traditions.
Demonstrate acceptance that children develop and learn at different paces, and support an inclusive learning environment.
Assure for the health and safety of all children.
Utilize knowledge of child development to provide responsive, supportive and engaging interactions.
Assist the teacher with preparation and implementation of lesson plans, working with individual and small groups of children, as
Assist the teacher with ongoing child assessment practices to monitor children’s development and learning.
Conduct home visits and family conferences as assigned.
Participate in ongoing professional development and in-service trainings during and after hours, including college-level courses as
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood or a closely related field with approved/equivalent coursework. Transcripts will be required.
- Appropriate RIELDS certificate, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Demonstrated experience in early care and education setting, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Professional references will be verified.
- Valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Proof of insurance will be required.
- Basic keyboarding and basic computer skills highly desirable.
- Knowledge of The Creative Curriculum preferred.
- Knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD preferred.
Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.
Job Type: 40 hours; Full Year/52 weeks or School Year/44 weeks
CHILD, Inc. provides all full-time employees with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes: paid
individual and subsidized family health insurance; optional dental and vision insurance; a Group Retirement Annuity Plan with
5% employer contribution; employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability; 15 days Paid Time Off for new employees for
vacation, sick, family, or personal business use; paid holidays; and mileage reimbursement
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fill out our application page
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.76 – $17.73 per hour