CHILD, Inc. is seeking an experienced Preschool Teacher.
CHILD, Inc. is a private, non-profit early education and care program providing comprehensive services and supports to low-income families with children six weeks to five years in Kent County, RI including: Head Start, Early Head Start, RI Pre-K, Extended Day Child Care, and Mental Health Services. Interested candidates must be available and flexible to work at any of our four locations.
· Follow philosophy, policies and procedures of CHILD, Inc.
· Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, punctuality and dependable attendance.
· Demonstrate respect for diverse family practices, languages, cultures and traditions.
· Demonstrate strengths-based partnerships with families to support children’s school readiness.
· Demonstrate acceptance of all children, and support an inclusive learning environment.
· Assure for the health and safety of all children.
· Utilize knowledge of child development and early learning to provide responsive, supportive and engaging interactions.
· Prepare and implement curriculum plans to facilitate school readiness outcomes.
· Conduct ongoing child assessment practices to monitor development and learning, and inform teaching practices.
· Conduct home visits and family conferences, after hours as needed.
· Participate in ongoing professional development and in-service trainings during and after hours, including college-level courses, as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related field, with approved/equivalent coursework. Transcripts will be required.
· Strong knowledge of research-based indicators of high-quality practices and systems in the field of early childhood. Professional references will be verified.
· Demonstrated experience in early education and care setting, with strong verbal and written communication skills and proficient computer skills.
· RIDE Early Childhood or Early Childhood Special Education Teacher Certification or ability to obtain. Copy will be required.
· Appropriate RIELDS certificate(s), or ability to obtain.
· Ability to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team and community partners.
· Ability to problem solve, handle crises, and function independently.
· Valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Proof of insurance will be required.
· Knowledge of The Creative Curriculum highly preferred.
· Knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD highly preferred.
· Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.
Job Type: 40 hours; Full Year/52 weeks or School Year/44 weeks
Starting Hourly Wage: $23.62-$28.11 dependent on credentials and experience.
CHILD, Inc. provides all full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our application page
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.62 – $28.11 per hour
Teachers must wear masks.