CHILD, Inc. is seeking a full-time Family Advocate.
CHILD, Inc. is a private, non-profit early education and care program providing comprehensive services and supports to low-income pregnant people and families with children birth to five years in Kent County, RI. Programs included Head Start, Early Head Start, and RI Pre-K.
Interested candidates must be available to work between the hours of 8:00-5:00 at any of our four locations.
Family Advocates work under the direct supervision and guidance of a Family Services Manager to ensure the effective delivery of high-quality family support services.
- Follow the philosophy, policies, and procedures of CHILD, Inc.
- Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, punctuality, and dependable attendance.
- Demonstrate respect for diverse family practices, languages, cultures, and traditions.
- Demonstrate acceptance of all children, and support an inclusive learning environment.
- Demonstrate strengths-based partnerships with families, colleagues, and community partners to support high-quality service delivery.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with families, colleagues, and community partners while representing the agency.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, respecting and preserving the dignity and privacy of children, families, colleagues, and program operations.
- Maintain professional boundaries at all times.
- Maintain timely, detailed, and accurate electronic records.
- Conduct marketing, outreach, and recruitment activities to build awareness of the program and engage new children and families.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of family needs and partner with parents to create and attain SMART goals.
- Educate, empower, and espouse families to achieve successful family outcomes.
- Provide responsive and comprehensive case management to support child and family outcomes.
- Maintain awareness of community resources to ensure families have accessibility to needed services, facilitate referrals as necessary.
- Create and promote an array of family engagement opportunities within the program.
- Support fellow colleagues by answering phones; screening and checking in program visitors; and providing substitute classroom coverage for lunch breaks or other tasks as needed.
- Accept direction and supervision.
- Problem solve, handle crises, and function independently.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and in-service training during and after hours, as needed.
- Must have a minimum of an associate’s degree in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field. Transcripts and documentation will be required.
- Must have a minimum of two years demonstrated professional experience working with families experiencing poverty and/or other significant life challenges utilizing research-based best practices in family engagement, assessment, and development.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and have strong data-entry skills.
- Must have a valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Proof of insurance will be required.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly urged to apply.
- Professional references will be verified.
Job Type: 40 hours; 52 weeks.
Starting Hourly Wage: $20.14-$26.79, dependent on credentials and experience.
CHILD, Inc. provides all full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Full individual health and dental coverage. Family coverage is available through payroll deduction.
- Individual Supplemental Retirement Annuity Program.
- Group Retirement Annuity Plan with no required employee match.
- Optional Individual Supplemental Retirement Plan.
- 15 days Paid Time Off for new employees for vacation, sick, family, or personal use.
- 15 paid holidays.
- Mileage reimbursement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com