Early Head Start Teacher (Infant/Toddler)
CHILD, Inc. is seeking full-time Early Head Start (Infant/Toddler) Teachers for our Kent County Head Start/Early Head Start program serving low-income families with children six weeks to five years. Interested candidate must be available to work at any one of our four locations during agency hours of operation.
- Follow philosophy, policies and procedures of CHILD, Inc.; and requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards, RI Child Care Center Regulations for Licensing (DHS), RI Regulations on Comprehensive Early Childhood Education Programs (RIDE), and National Association for the Education of Young Children Early Learning Program Accreditation Standards (NAEYC).
- Demonstrate professional responsibility and ethical behavior, including ability to foster respectful, collaborative relationships; problem solve; handle crises; function independently yet utilize supervision to conduct research-based practices; and maintain confidentiality and at all times.
- Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, time management skills, punctuality and dependable attendance.
- Accept, respect and value diverse family practices, languages, cultures and traditions.
- Build positive and strengths-based partnerships with families.
- Provide families with meaningful opportunities to engage in children’s learning both in the classroom and at home that build upon families’ strengths, skills, talents, interests and availability.
- Utilize knowledge of child development to provide a developmentally appropriate, inclusive learning environment; and responsive, supportive and engaging interactions and experiences.
- Implement research-based curriculum via meaningful, intentional learning experiences across several domains through differentiated instruction.
- Utilize knowledge of children’s interests, learning styles and stages of development to create meaningful play and maximize learning opportunities.
- Implement research-based assessment practices that guide instruction and monitor children’s growth and development.
- Conduct home visits and family conferences as required.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and in-service trainings during and after hours, including college-level courses as required.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
Salary: $ 14.86 to $ 19.90 Per Hour
Job Category : Classroom Teacher > Early Childhood Job Requirements
- Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood or a closely related field with approved coursework. Transcripts will be required.
- Appropriate RIELDS certificate, or ability to obtain within one year of hire. Copies will be required.
- Demonstrated experience with infants and/or toddlers in early care and education setting, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Professional references will be verified.
- Valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Proof of insurance will be required.
- Availability to work during agency hours of operation at four different locations.
- Basic keyboarding and basic computer skills highly desirable.
- Knowledge of The Creative Curriculum highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Teaching Strategies GOLD highly preferred.
- Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.
Job Type: 40 hours; Full Year/52 weeks
Starting Wage: $14.86-19.90 dependent on education and experience.
CHILD, Inc. provides all full-time employees with a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes: paid individual and subsidized family health insurance; optional dental and vision insurance; a Group Retirement Annuity Plan with 5% employer contribution; employer-paid life insurance and long-term disability; 15 days Paid Time Off for new employees for vacation, sick, family, or personal business use; paid holidays; and mileage reimbursement.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject
Associate degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work visa required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com