Early Head Start Teacher $3000 sign on bonus (Infant/Toddler)
CHILD, Inc. is seeking full-time, full year Early Head Start (Infant/Toddler) Teachers for our Kent County Head Start/Early Head Start program. Interested candidate must be available to work at any one of our four locations during agency hours of operation.
- Follow philosophy, policies and procedures of CHILD, Inc.; and requirements of the Head Start Performance Standards, RI Child Care Center Regulations for Licensing (DHS), RI Regulations on Comprehensive Early Childhood Education Programs (RIDE), and National Association for the Education of Young Children Early Learning Program Accreditation Standards (NAEYC).
- Demonstrate professional responsibility and ethical behavior, including ability to foster respectful, collaborative relationships; problem solve; handle crises; function independently yet utilize supervision to conduct research-based practices; and maintain confidentiality and at all times.
- Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, time management skills, punctuality and dependable attendance.
- Accept, respect and value diverse family practices, languages, cultures and traditions.
- Build positive and strengths-based partnerships with families.
- Provide families with meaningful opportunities to engage in children’s learning both in the classroom and at home that build upon families’ strengths, skills, talents, interests and availability.
- Utilize knowledge of child development to provide a developmentally appropriate, inclusive learning environment; and responsive, supportive and engaging interactions and experiences.
- Implement research-based curriculum via meaningful, intentional learning experiences across several domains through differentiated instruction.
- Utilize knowledge of children’s interests, learning styles and stages of development to create meaningful play and maximize learning opportunities.
- Implement research-based assessment practices that guide instruction and monitor children’s growth and development.
- Conduct home visits and family conferences as required.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and in-service trainings during and after hours, including college-level courses as required.
- Minimum requirement of a current and valid Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Associate’s Degree or higher in Early Childhood or a closely related field with approved coursework preferred. Transcripts will be required.
- Appropriate RIELDS certificate, or ability to obtain within one year of hire. Copies will be required.
- Demonstrated experience with infants and/or toddlers in early care and education setting, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Professional references will be verified.
- Valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Proof of insurance will be required.
- Availability to work during agency hours of operation at one of our four locations.
- Basic keyboarding and basic computer skills highly desirable.
- Knowledge of The Creative Curriculum highly preferred.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate assessment practices preferred.
- Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.
Job Type: 40 hours; Full Year/52 weeks or School Year/44 weeks
Starting Hourly Wage: $21.81-$25.41 dependent on credentials and experience.
$3,000 sign on bonus – CHILD, Inc. is offering a two-step sign on bonus equaling $3,000 for external applicants. $1,000 will be paid after successful completion of 90 days and an additional $2,000 after successful completion of 6 months of employment.
CHILD, Inc. provides all full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Free individual health and dental coverage. Family coverage available through payroll deduction.
- Eligible to participate in CHILD, Inc.’s 403(b) Individual Supplemental Retirement Annuity Program.
- CHILD, Inc. contributes 5% to Group Retirement Annuity plan with no required employee match.
- 15 days Paid Time Off for new employees for vacation, sick, family or personal use.
- 15 paid holidays.
- Mileage reimbursement.
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com