CHILD, Inc. is seeking a 30 hour Cook for our Kent County Head Start program serving low-income families with children six weeks to five years. Cooks work under the direct supervision of the Health Manager, and guidance of a licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist.
CHILD, Inc. is open Monday-Friday, 6:30am-6:00pm. Interested candidates must be available and flexible to work 6:30am-3:30pm, during general hours of kitchen operations, at any of our four locations
The Cook will be responsible to:
- Adhere to all provisions of the current Rhode Island Department of Health Food Code.
- Demonstrate positivity, flexibility, punctuality, and dependable attendance; and maintain appropriate confidentiality in all agency matters.
- Demonstrate respect for diverse family practices, languages, cultures and traditions.
- Provide leadership, training, supervision, and evaluation of kitchen staff, students, and volunteers.
- Ensure adequate and prompt preparation, service, and clean-up of breakfast, lunch, and snack.
- Provide individual meals for children with special dietary needs.
- Prepare and submit orders for food, paper, and cleaning supplies.
- Maintain necessary records to ensure compliance with the USDA and state regulatory agencies.
- Participate in ongoing professional development during/after hours, as required.
- AssociateDegree in Culinary Arts. Transcript will be required.
- ServSafe Food Safety Manager Certification. Copy will be required.
- Demonstrated experience in meal preparation and batch cooking. References will be verified.
- Familiarity with Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) guidelines.
- Ability to problem solve, handle crises, and function independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Valid RI driver’s license and an insured vehicle. Copies will be required.
- Bilingual candidates strongly urged to apply.
Job Type: School Year Position
Hourly Wage: $19.21-$24.23 dependent on education and experience.
CHILD, Inc. provides all full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com